Lithgow Arms apprentice Karl Olson recently won 11 Gold and two Silver medals at the 20th Annual NSWRA Field Class Championships.
A first-year apprentice toolmaker at the Lithgow factory, Karl enjoyed a dominant first day of four wins in five events. On the second, he bounced back from a trailing position to win the next two ranges and ended up eight points in front with 543 out of 600 over the two-day centrefire competition.
Karl won both competitions with Lithgow Arms Crossover LA101 .22LR and LA102 .308Win rifles.
Karl achieved the following placings in the Rimfire event:
- 1st place 30m standing B grade
- 1st place 60m sitting B grade
- 2nd place 90m prone B grade
- 1st place junior (aggregate of the three ranges)
- 1st place B grade NSWRA badge (aggregate of the three ranges)
He then went on to achieve the following placing in the centrefire events:
- 1st place 300m prone B grade
- 1st place Junior day 1
- 2nd place B grade aggregate (day 1)
- 1st place200m sitting B grade
- 1st place 100m standing B grade
- 1st place Junior Day
- 1st place B grade aggregate (day 2)
- 1st place grade NSWRA badge(aggregate of both days)
The entire Lithgow Arms team is proud of Karl’s achievement.