It has come to our attention that there is a potential barrel defect affecting the LA102 CrossOver rifle in .223 REM calibre.
The potential defect is isolated to LA102 CrossOver rifles in .223 REM calibre only, which have been available for sale between November 2016 to present. Accordingly, Lithgow Arms is taking precautionary action to recall all of the rifles meeting that description.
What is the defect?
Over time small cracks may develop in the barrel of the LA102 CrossOver rifle in .223 REM calibre.
What are the hazards?
Potential injury from escaping gas from the failed barrel.
What should the owner of a LA102 CrossOver rifle in .223 REM calibre do?
Owners of a LA102 CrossOver rifle in .223 REM calibre should STOP using their rifle immediately and arrange for the return of the rifle to Lithgow Arms via their local gun shop.
Important note, NSW rifle owners must carry registration proof when returning their firearms.
Gun shops will send the rifles to the Lithgow Arms factory, who will inspect and replace the rifle’s barrel as necessary and return the rifle to the gun shop for return to the owner.
There will be no cost incurred by the owner during the barrel replacement process.
Rifle Return Process:
Please complete the following steps when returning your rifle:
- Please complete and return the Rifle Return Form with your rifle to the gun shop. This form will need to packed with your rifle when your rifle is sent back to Lithgow Arms for remediation.
- Please register your rifle’s return to the gun shop via the following link: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4428831/PRODUCT-RECALL-LA102-223-Calibre
It is important the above steps are completed to ensure:
- Lithgow Arms can contact you directly to confirm receipt of your rifle into the factory
- You are provided regular updates on the progress of your rifle throughout the remediation process; and
- We will let you know once the remediation process is complete and your rifle is on its way back to you with the correct remediation certification documentation.
Please refer to the Lithgow Arms website www.lithgowarms.com.au for frequently asked questions and other information about this recall.
Lithgow Arms has over 100 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of superior military and sporting shooter rifles. We stand by the quality and reliability of our products and service. Again, the safety of our customers is paramount.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
THE TEAM at LITHGOW ARMS